Subject: RE: [Leica] question on M6TTL camera
From: james.saunders@au.pwcglobal.com
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 14:48:07 +1000

You cannot / will not use 'exposed' film by tensioning the film
with the rewind lever as you load it.  The film is firmly held by the
sprockets that wind the film on, so it cannot be pulled backwards,
but simply tensioned.

I too practice the tension/rewind technique as taught
by the person who introduced me to Leica's.

It does help you see the film has loaded and is winding on ok,
as the slack is taken up and you can see the rewind knob
spin as you advance the film for the very first frame.

But each to their own, I doubt it helps with 'flatness'.

Cheers
James

computer.