Subject: Re: [Leica] Negative/Slide Filing System
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 14:28:15 -0700

Doug,

I was indeed think of you as I wrote about the 4-letter code.
Yes, the more specialized the field of endeavor, the more specific can or
must be the description.

Joe

From: "Doug Herr" <telyt@earthlink.net>

> The four-letter code for bird species can be the US Fish & Wildlife
Service's codes used when banding birds.  The last two letter of the code
are the first two letters of the last part of the species name, and the
first two letters are derived from the first part of the species name.  A
few examples:

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Negative/Slide Filing System)