Subject: Re: [Leica] SUMMARIT 1.5 / 50 mm question
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 20:49:06 -0300

on 7/8/01 6:35 PM, John Collier at jbcollier@powersurfr.com wrote:

> The coatings that Leica used back then were very soft but the glass is not.
> The lens would probably not need any polishing just recoating with more
> modern materials.

Well John, that's the difference between us:
you know how to be precise and I have a little bit more than the slightest
idea...
What you say really sounds good... but I was approaching to the point while
you already were there. Before I can get it.
To be honest, lots of time gone since that man told me about the Summarit
glasses and coating.

Thanks

Pablo