Subject: RE: [Leica] those who wear glasses
From: CHRISTOPHER.CHEN@customs.treas.gov
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:40:21 -0400

I've noticed that the viewfinder opening in the M2 is much smaller than on
the M3, which appears to be the main reason why I have a little difficulty
seeing the entire 35mm frame in the M2 while wearing glasses, but have no
problem seeing the 50mm frame in the M3.  Does anyone know why it was
necessary for Leitz to use a smaller rear opening for the M2?  Not being
an engineer, I can't see any advantages to the change, & it doesn't seem
to have any relationship w/the reduced viewfinder magnification.

Thanks, Chris