Subject: Re: [Leica] Compact M Motor - smearing image LHS
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 01:01:53 -0300

on 8/8/01 9:39 PM, Jim Laurel at JimLaurel@earthlink.net wrote:

> I never really did see the attraction of the various winders (both motor and
> rapidwinder) for the M cameras.  To me, the M is all about keeping it simple
> and compact.  Adding alot of accessories seems to miss the whole point of
> the camera.
>
> --Jim Laurel
> http://www.spectare.com

I'm sure you take photos for your own pleasure, this is great...
But when you have to carry an assignment on and need the time to wind the
film to take the next photo maybe you're lost...you missed THE photo...
Of course that going out for a walk with a Leica M is pretty nice, you have
the time to see here, look at there, glance at the left and right, then you
choose to aim your camera, take the time and press the shutter
release...that's lovely.
But when you, let's say me among others here, choose to use the M for a job
and sometimes need some more extra time, go faster, go secure, not to take
the eye off of the finder...understand ?
Rapidwinder for me is simply the greatest thing my Leica M6 received as a
gift from my part. So happy is she that my M2 is looking at me jealously...
A motor for the M, a quiet one in a great working condition with no blurring
area would be also welcome.

Bye Jim, Buy one Jim, buy a Tom's made rapidwinder, test it, taste it and
then come back here to share your experience... no doubt, you'll thank us.

Pablo