Subject: [Leica] Getting film into the film gate in M6
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 10:28:26 +0100

pressing it in with the palm of my hand, fingers extended. I can change film
in my M6 quicker this way than conventional cameras. I find it quicker for
me than a conventional manual threading because of the time I take being
careful to make sure the end of the film hasn't fallen out of the hook in
the slot takeup spool, and I haven't got the nack in the new fangled auto
sticky roller type cameras of keeping the film in place up to its little red
mark whilst closing the back, the cassette tends to rotate about its axis
leaving a loop of film away from the film gate and moving the leader away
from the mark. I'm sure its a knack I'd develop if I did it more often. I
have a less than 50% success rate with my xpan (second to M6 in usage)
cheers

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Getting film into the film gate in M6)