Subject: Re: [Leica] Thoughts on R8s
From: George Day <george@rdcinteractive.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 05:51:25 +0000

One wee thoughts about R8's: if you're after a high-end manual focus system,
you owe it to yourself at least to check out a venerable Contax RTS III.
The III is, without a doubt, one of the best 35mm pro bodies ever built,
especially for studio work.  Personally -- just personally, please don't
flame me here -- while I like the *look* of the R8, I prefer the III's
controls by quite a bit and the viewfinder by far.  The camera is built like
a tank, the motor drive makes the R8's look silly, the size is quite
reasonable and...perhaps best of all...the Zeiss lenses are really as good
as it gets for 35mm and often at a fraction of the cost of Leica glass
(although still pricey).