Subject: Re: [Leica] Getting film into the film gate in M6
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:58:39 -0700

><Snip>
>
> if you have difficulty loading you aren't doing it often enough
>
> try describing walking to someone who can't walk
>
> --
> John Brownlow

The Leica M's demand film to put though it.
If you are also devoted to medium format, large format, alternate 35mm SLR
formats, digital cameras ..
How much time is left over to put a lot of film though your M's?
I think at least for a good hunk of time be putting rolls and rolls through
weekly if not daily...
THEN talk about how you need AF SLRs to capture action.

A trick someone asked is zone focusing..

you've walking down the sidewalk and you've already metered for F11 with your
35mm lens.
You preset your lens so you've got 3 to 6 feet in focus
or 6 feet in infinity. That's just an example. What every range you like and can do.
Then you point and shoot, you don't much even have to look though the camera.
You've just got the range you're working in Scoped out in front of you with
invisible dotted lines.
With a 24 and other lenses an axillary finder sure makes for a quick check as to
what you've got in the picture.
But you've already focased.

And a Rapidwinder sure makes for some quick sequence shooting withought drawing
attention to yourself.

It's the thumb action which makes people know your taking pictures, The
Rapidwinder takes that out.

All it's the automatic lens aperture which makes people know you're taking pictures.

As the aperture on a Leica M lens does not move people assume you'd not taken a picture.

And it is a pretty quite camera…!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA