Subject: Re: [Leica] 15mm heliar and a IIIG
From: "David Kieltyka" <dkieltyka@csi.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 23:15:55 -0400

daniel <thedmc@home.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if the voightlander 15mm lens would fit on
> one of the older screw bodies like a IIIG. my only concern
> would be the protrusion of the rear element into the body.
> but i'd like to hear from you guys and gals.

The Cosina Voigt 15mm works just fine on Leica LTM cameras. I use one on my
IIIf occasionally. The rear element protrudes a bit into the body, but it
would have to be hitting the shutter curtains to cause problems and it's not
close to doing that. I have a Zeiss 35mm Biogon in LTM...now there's a
protruding, and completely unprotected, rear element! It works on the IIIf
just fine too.

- -Dave-