Subject: Re: [Leica] Getting film into the film gate in M6
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:19:39 +0200

Tarek writes:

> Does that include rewinding your film and
> unloading or is that for loading only...

I guess the entire process of changing rolls takes me about 90 seconds, and
guiding the film down into the body requires perhaps 20-30 seconds.  I tend to
be slow and deliberate when changing rolls in order to avoid damaging anything.
Even so, last week I blew one roll of Velvia and one roll of Kodachrome by
forgetting to rewind them before changing rolls; some of the Kodachrome was
salvageable, but I tossed the Velvia.  I made the same mistake with a roll of
Tech Pan earlier, but given the low EI and the fact that I saw it quickly, I
hope to be able to salvage much of that roll.

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] RE: Getting film into the film gate in M6)
Reply from "ML" <lenonm@milwaukee.tec.wi.us> (Re: [Leica] Getting film into the film gate in M6)