Subject: Re: [Leica] Getting film into the film gate in M6
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:10:28 -0700

><Snip>
> >>If your needs are higher as your are going to blow your prints up bigger
> >>line up you needs in between the f8's as you shoot at f11! Or more so!
>
> I lost you here

You can't tell and it looks fine when your magnification needs are small: you
only blow it up to 5x7 or 4x6.
But when you blow a shot up to 11x14 a shot you thought was sharp you see is not.
You more clearly where you've lost your focus and where you have it sharp in there.
The quality of your out of focus areas, the "bokeh" becomes quite apparent in a
blow up over a small snapshot proof.
Even a good Loup wont give you the true goods on  your focus. You've got to blow
it up big to really see it.
For me 11x14 is not big it's my standard size. Others with darkrooms especially
might standardize on 8x10's or 16x20's.

> OF course half the people here are into wide upon shooting and more power
> too
> them it's not my thing so much.
>
> It is when it's dark and i don't have a tripod or flash.
>
> >> I lost you here again

Hand holding in low light would force you to have your lens opened all the way.
You don't have DOF options.