Subject: [Leica] Re: 15 mm heliar and sm leica
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 06:30:02 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/01 1:06:56 AM,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<<
> I was wondering if the voightlander 15mm lens would fit on one of the
older
> screw bodies like a IIIG. my only concern would be the protrusion of the
> rear element into the body. but i'd like to hear from you guys and
> gals.-daniel mcclenaghan

it works on aa screw mt leica or an m -- both made to take leica's own
superwides which protrude even further back than the heliar does, such as my
21 mm super angulon, which is only about 3 mm from the film plane. more
importantly, the heliar also works on a leica cl, which has a meter in back
in front of the film plane which must never be interfered with.

so, a IIIg would be   a piece of cake.

ctrentelman