Subject: [Leica] Leica exhibition: the Family of Man 2
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 19:22:06 +1000

G'day friends,

Its Sunday night and time for me to remind all those who would like
to see their work exhibited (we hope) to get their images in to the
Family of Man 2 Project. With summer peaking for most of you, its
time to get light onto film, and prepare for those winter months of
image making, but remember we plan to sign off the first years work
in November --- and its closer than you think. So don't wait for
thanksgiving, or you will miss 2001 and a chance to see your images
chosen to represent the group. For information and updates, visit the
FOM2 site at:

http://www.familyofman2.com

Those of you who have registered, should have submission details in
your pdf file, and for those of you who cannot post images to a URL,
you can contact me for alternatives.

I might add, that we have now had interest in the project from Leica,
who have us posted on their web site, Ilford, who have made some
tentative offers of assistance, and MOMA, who are watching the
development "with interest". So despite the relatively slow start,
there is still hope that this longer term project could develop wings.

Cheers and here's luck