Subject: [Leica] M6 and ice cream
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 23:08:19 +0200

After hearing people talk about pouring water out of their lenses and still
having them work, I am wondering if anyone has ever spilled ice cream on an M6
(or any other stuff that isn't water, like coffee, Coke, etc.).  I got a drop of
chocolate ice cream on mine today right between the body and the rewind knob.  I
soaked it up for the most part with a tissue, then inverted the camera and that
seemed to drop the rest on the tissue, and after running a clean tissue around
and under the knob, I looked at it with a flashlight and couldn't see any traces
of anything.  It was only one drop so maybe it didn't get very far (I hope).  I
suppose the knob is sealed or something ... right?  I had visions of pulling a
roll of chocolate-coated Provia out of the camera later, but perhaps I worry
excessively (I hope).

Anyway, henceforth the camera will go into my plastic rain bag whenever I am
eating something.  I _tried_ to be careful, but a drop went down my chin and of
course a powerful attractive field then dragged it towards the camera.  I hope
not to make the same mistake twice.

Replies: Reply from Bob Walkden <bob@web-options.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 and ice cream)