Subject: [Leica] Re: The new Photo Village location
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:45:00 EDT

<<You're up against the 4th Commandment.  I believe the reason why many of

the camera stores in NYC (e.g., B&H) are closed on Saturday, but open on

Sunday is that their owners (& many of their employees) are observant

Jews.>>

Hi folks,

You are correct about that ...however, that was not my reason for being
closed. Actually, I am still setting up the showroom...though I have started
to ship mail orders again finally.

I will eventually be open on Saturdays in the future if it seems that it is
worth it. I believe both Tamarkin and the Leica Gallery are open Saturday so,
at first thought, my plans are to keep similar hours to the galleries in the
area.

Right now I'm trying to get all my P's and Q's in order for my "Grand
Opening" of the showroom on Sept 5th.

That will be my demo day as well...and if all goes well it will also be a
Leica "check and chat" (as I call it. ) The day when you can bring your
camera in for a free check up and cleaning by a Leica technician. I'm about
90% sure that I will be able to offer that which is great! Leica didn't do it
for my last Demo Day because the space was too small.

As my business grows into the new place I hope I can offer more to LUGgers &
LEGgers than at the old space. One definite advantage is that I won't be in a
"share" this time, so the space is my own to use...so I hope to cook up some
pleasant surprises...

I'll keep you all posted of course!!!

Thanks for all your input too.

cheers,