Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 31 and 32: Zurich, London and infrared sunflowers
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 07:58:17 +0200

The past couple of weeks have been marked by travel, vacation, visiting
relatives and summer, and as a result I have fallen behind again in my
virtual life. But I continue to burn film. I have also got a new web
hosting service for my PAWs (thanks Pascal), so the url is now
http://www.wajsman.com.

Week 31: This summer there are artful benches all over Zurich, made from
trees destroyed by the winter storm Lothar in 1999. Some are very
fanciful, in all kinds of shapes and colors. I spotted this bench in the
process of being finished by the artist, while children were already
using it for the intended purpose:

http://www.wajsman.com/31.jpg

The alternate is a shot of sunflowers, taken on the new Maco 820
infrared film. I really like this film, with the Heliopan 695 filter it
gives a strong infrared effect but is less difficult to handle than
Kodak's High Speed Infrared. I also like the idea of supporting a small
company that has the guts to bring out a new IR B&W film on the market:

http://www.wajsman.com/31alt1.jpg

Week 32 I was in London for a two-day business meeting. The bright spot
was a couple of pints with LUGger Stephen Patriquen. I love London and
its architecture, but this time I focused on what I think is one of the
uglier spots in the city, the square outside Moorfields House, the
headquarters of Swiss Re Life & Health in London. It is an incredibly
sterile environment, and I was attracted to this scene with the two
isolated people and a lonely pigeon:

http://www.wajsman.com/32.jpg

Comments welcome and appreciated as always.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland