Subject: RE: [Leica] wide R
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:25:59 -0500

Since you have a 50, I don't think you can go wrong with the 28/2.8. It's a
fantastic lens. I'd vote it best lens, and best quality/price.

I have one in M and R and they're both gems. My R lens is older, but still
it performs extremely well. Seems that I recall hearing that the newer one,
with built in lens shade, has a floating element for better performance in
close. I could be wrong about that. I've seen trannies taken with the newer
lens. Looks the same as my older lens. Stunning performer!

The 28 is the widest R lens I have. I don't long for anything wider. I've
heard lots of great things about the 24. But it's slightly larger. I can't
see how it would be any better than the 28.