Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: sorta -Giving Away Ice in Alaska
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:23:43 -0700

"Kevin M. Bell" wrote:

> At 06:17 PM 8/15/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >My point in this email is not to use Wed. LUG to sell something 2 days
> >early but to simply let people know that the R8s must not be selling well
> >and the more mundane lenses are the same.  Is this everybody's
> >experience?  Now I know that no one ever guaranteed that these things sell
> >themselves but i am just ventilating about how soft the market must be at
> >this time.
> >
> >any thoughts, comments
> >
> >ernie nitka
>
> The market for R-Series Leica and G-Series Contax is very soft.  The market
> for M-Series Leica and Contax SLR is stronger, and the only modern 35mm
> equipment I buy anymore.  Now, the question is "Why?"  G-Series Contax have
> remarkable lenses, R-Series Leica cameras are notable for durability (with
> a few exceptions).   Why are the Leica rangefinders and the Contax SLR
> cameras doing well, when Leica SLR cameras and Contax rangefinders are not?
>
> Kevin M. Bell

You got into Leica M instead of Contax G because you though it was a better deal.
So have we on the Leica Users group.
And So did John and Joan Q. Public according to your sales figures. Something
hard to understand?
I'd also agree with your and the publics view on Kyocera Contax cameras with
Zeiss lenses.
Tasty! and hard for Leica R to compete with. I'm not sure which I'll go with.
Leica R, Contax SLR, or Contax N1. It's a hard one!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/