Subject: Re: [Leica] Dual Range Summicron 50 question
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 06:55:05 -0400

I think there are some incompatibilities.  When I bought my M6, I tried TTL
and M6 classics with the DR Summicron, and some of the bodies would not allow
the DR to enter the "close focus" range.  And I think I've seen somewhere, in
some "official" Leitz literature, that there are restrictions.  I have the DR
Summicron - it is a beautiful performer.  And I think there have been
writeups of it in the LHSA site:

http://www.lhsa.org/pdf/341newmusing.pdf

Happy surfing.

Vick