Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: WW II V2 rocket sites update
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:39:38 -0700

Well, you know, we had to fortify the coast against those teeming
millions from the  East paddling assault canoes to storm our sanctified
soil. But seriously, those gun  batteries were obsolete before they were
even finished. Unfortunately, the 14" guns, or thereabouts, are long
gone. Santa Monica still has two guns on its bluffs from the
Spanish-American War.
Until just this last decade the San Pedro bunkers were a fall back
command and control center for the Coast Guard in the eventuality of a
Nuclear War. They are so contaminated with asbestose, that you have to
wonder what would of killed our noble DoT warriors first.

Slobodan Dimitrov