Subject: [Leica] Head and plate for monopod
From: "Paul Bolam" <paul@bolam67.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:10:42 +0100

From: "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com>

> Unless I am mistaken,  Bogen is marketed as Manfrotto in Europe.  I have
> what's called an 'architectural' plate for my 029 tripod head that has a
> sliding plate with a lip.  This prevents the camera from twisting when it
is
> used vertically.  I regularly use it with a Bronica ETRSi and 250mm lens
> with no problem.
> I am pretty certain that they do these anti-twist plates for most of the
> tripod/monopod heads in the range.

Thanks Mark,
I'd already checked the Manfrotto site and, as you rightly say, they do
these architectural plates but I could not find one to fit the 234RC monopod
head.

I also needed a plate with adjustable space between the anti-twist nubs (or
bar)
and the screw that fits into the lens tripod collar. Therefore, the
Wimberley seemed the best option.
Cheers,
Paul.