Subject: Re: [Leica] London prices, now Canadian prices
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:42:00 -0600

I am buying from good old McBain Camera in Edmonton. I have purchased a
number of replacement caps and paid, in Canadian dollars, less than the
numerical US price. This includes hood caps for my 50/2, 35/2 and 35/1.4A. I
was looking for the discontinued wrist strap for the M camera and was being
quoted $35US from the usual dealers. I picked up one on the "auction site
that dare not say its name" for $32US and the last one the Leica Canada
distributor had in stock through McBain Camera. I ordered it in and it
arrived after one week with no freight charges and the total was $31CAN,
about $20.90US. I only wish the bodies and lenses were similarly priced.

John Collier