Subject: Re: [Leica] Canadian 35mm Summilux
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:57:59 -0400

At 07:18 AM 8/20/01 EDT, Weirs99@aol.com wrote:
>hello list! need help. have just bought (on impulse) an m6 (#2279204) and a
>black Canadian 35mm summilux (# 2167348). both work fine and metering is
spot
>on after tests shooting slide. Questions  wondered whether Canadian glass
>is more prone to problems than 'German'?
4. Canadian v's German summilux. Any differance on
>performance? I have not been able to find any info on Canadian leica 35mm
>summilux's!

Argh!  Just ask Ted Grant about this!  Canadian glass is junk and Canadian
lenses are horrible!  No self-respecting Leica owner would EVER pollute his
fine German camera body with a trashy Canadian lens and, as for Canadian
camera bodies, well, SOMEONE has to make door-stops and boat-anchors, I guess.

<he grins slyly!>

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!