Subject: [Leica] How good/bad/terrible is the R4?
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:33:47 -0400

LUGers,

My wife is expressing a budding interest in photography (bless her for
that!).  She doesn't like my M6 and also wants to do some macro/flower
stuff. Now, that I've dumped all my Nikon stuff, I've no SLR for her. I've
noticed that the R4 is very cheap relative to the other Leica SLRs. I've
searched the archives but couldn't find a thread on R4 durability.  Could
any ex or current R4 users comment on an R4 for a beginner photographer?

thanks

Jonathan Lee