Subject: [Leica] Why use AOL?
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 03:29:44 EDT

I was surprised at the response I got from my AOL 'yippee' mail, and the questions it raised.

For sonnyC, let me say that the problem is that the routine email on AOL is only in html, but if you go to AOL's website and access your email through that then you can only send plain text. Strange but appears to be true!

And why use AOL at all? Well, here in the UK you normally have to pay for access telephone calls for the internet and my bill was around $60 per month whereas with AOL I can pay a monthly fee of about $21 and get unlimited access from then on. Other companies provide a similar service but you are tied into a specific telephone network which is not mine.

Gerry