Subject: [Leica] RE: OM vs. Leica Lens tests, was How good/bad/terrible is the R4?
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 04:26:38 +0200

"The one and only thing my recent foray into "lens testing" taught me is
that it's extremely hard (verging on the impossible) to get valid,
objective, defensible comparative results with the usual method of taking a
few pictures and examining them."

The first problem is that lenses are precisely for taking pictures and one
cannot test them making coffee.The second problem is that nobody owning a
lens will accept a private test, from unknown people or not, if his lens is
not a winner.Even more, reputable tests as Photodo, Chasseurs d'Images, Pop
Photo, Amateur Photographic, not exactly uknown, are not accepted if they do
not fit our ideas. In every list the most common thought although not
confessed is always "mine is always better"

Kind regards

Félix

PS. I follow making tests but nevermore give information about it. It's
useless.