Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux serial number discrepancy
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:36:47 -0600

You do have a very early lens but do not worry, this is when the serial
numbers were allocated, not when it was manufactured. Sartorius lists the
starting serial number as being in the 2 740 000 range. I assume your lens
is an E58 one. I believe the lens hood is somewhat difficult to find so
watch the "auction site that dare not say its name" for a spare. I always
wondered if the E58 vignettes too much and that is why they went to E60. Now
if I only had one we could compare!

John Collier