Subject: RE: [Leica] Photoshop and Leica
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:42:53 -0400

Dave...

This is an age old dilemma of old vs. new.  It has embroiled each new
generation of artistic creators [painters, sculptors, photographers,
etc.] in some fashion and will continue to do so long after we're gone.

As an example, when I attended graphic design school in the late '70s,
Apple IIe computers were just being introduced to the design curriculum.
Using Apple Basic, the results at the time were considered primitive,
but full of potential and promise; commercial Genigraphics machines
capable of producing good computer imagery cost well over $100,000 US.

Fast forward to the present.

In the graphic design world of the present, computers rule.  The results
are amazing and can be had for a tiny fraction of the cost of the
Genigraphics setup of yesteryear.  Most graphic design students of today
don't have any clue how involved and lengthy design projects were 25
years ago.

The same will be true of the digital photography argument of today.

/Mitch