Subject: Re: [Leica] Rollei 3003
From: "" <tdschofield@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 10:09:17 -0700

Want to buy a Tamron adapter for the 3003?

I had a farily complete 3003 outfit for a few years and sold it because of
battery problems.  The #&%^^& Nicads it comes with won't hold a charge for
even a few days, even with a new pack.  You always had to have a  battery
pack in the charger.  You could never just pick up the camera and expect to
take a picture with it.

What I would suggest is to get the SL2000 AA battery pack that Rollei tells
you not to use, and put either AA Lithium batteries or the newer high
capacitiy NiMH batteries in it, which were not available when I owne it.
That may solve the battey problems, or burn it out for good, one of the two
- -- either way the problem will be resolved!

The lenses were very good, and I liked the backs and waist level finder, one
handed operation, etc.  As to non-battery related reliability, mine failed
the first few days, spent about a month at Marflex, then worked fine after
that (other than the battery issues).

Tom Schofield