Subject: [Leica] Back to school blues
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 19:16:55 -0700

Well, not really blues, but there is a way someone could cheer me up.  My
beginning photography class is starting.  I always have a few kids w/o
cameras, so I found two old 35mm SLR's at yard sales this summer.  A Pentax
K-1000 and a Mamiya Sekor DTL-500.  Both seem to work just fine except that
the light meters do not function.  So if anyone has an old light meter
sitting in a box somewhere gathering no light (How cruel, because after all,
that is what they are meant to do), and would like to donate them to a
worthy cause, please contact me off list.  I am not looking for anything
expensive.  Just something that works fairly accurately for the kids to use.
An old CdS cell would be fine, and in fact even preferable as there are no
batteries to worry about.  Not too old, as it needs to have current ISO and
shutter speed standards as to not confuse the beginners.

And if not my school, then perhaps you could contact your local schools to
see if they offer photography classes and could use some equipment.  Or your
time.  I often have guest speakers come and show what they do.  It is kind
of cool because they usually end up telling the students the same tips I
have mentioned, but it has more credibility when it comes from someone else.
I always learn new stuff, too.  Any one out there in the Yakima, WA area and
want to visit my class?

Thanks for your attention. (we can send a receipt for tax purposes, too)

This message is made of 100% recycled electons.  No new atoms were destroyed
in making it.

Aram Langhans
Science Teacher, Naches High School
P. O. Box 159/101 W. 5th. St.