Subject: [Leica] SonC's PAW 34
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:33:09 -0500

The Cane River National Heritage Area along with the Louisiana
Endowment for the Humanities just published an unusual directory of
Historic Black Churches.  I was fortunate to be named the photographer
for the project, and the Brochure has just been published.

You have seen my Rockford Church shot
http://www.sonc.com/rockford.htm   which is the cover of the brochure,
now I am able to share a couple of other shots from the publication.
Normally, I try to put people in my shots, but the effort here was a
directory that would not "age," so I attempted to get the flavor of
these mostly rural churches.  The first is out on Cat Island in the
largely French (not Cajun) area of Isle Breville in Natchitoches
Parish (we do not call them counties.)
http://www.sonc.com/paw/standrew.htm
The alternate is shot across the Red River from Natchitoches in a
little town called Clarence.
http://www.sonc.com/paw/greenville.htm

An index to my Picture A Week is at http://www.sonc.com/paw

As usual, comments are welcome  sonc@sonc.com
Regards.

SonC
http://www.sonc.com

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try,
sometimes you might just find you can get what you need."
The Stones

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] SonC's PAW 34)