Subject: [Leica] Hood Hat
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:12:58 -0700

I use one of those too.  It fits nicely on the old detachable lens hoods
for the 35 and 50 Summicrons.

Another really good thing about the Hood Hat is that you can see it in
the viewfinder.  I always use a lens hood, and my mind has been
programmed to believe the lens cap is off if I see a hood.  But that
ain't the case with the little rectangular hood for the 35 'cron.  This
caused me to miss a couple of nice shots recently.

A little piece of colored tape protruding from in the corner of the cap,
or the Hood Hat, and I get the message--"Take off the cap, stupid!"

- --Peter Klein

Tom Furlotte wrote:

> The Hood Hat by OpTech comes in four sizes and actually fits on the hood
> somewhat like a showercap.  It is made of neoprene and can stretch
> enough to accommodate many sizes of lens and hood.
> Tom Furlotte
> Memphis TN USA

Mark Rabiner replied:

I just got one last week, the mini. IT's the smallest one but about the
only M
lens it'll have much use on which i have is the 24. All the rest of the
lenes
would be to small. Maybe if one had the 75 1.4 that would be think
enough. It's
almost small enough for my 90 apo Asph but not quite. So i have it on
the 24.
It kind of protects the whole lens from shock as well as the front
element. That hood cap on the 24 M is kind of slippery