Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Large Format UK
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:20:55 EDT

Against my better judgement I have just spent the holiday weekend here in the UK. My wife said she was sure that we would enjoy ourselves and we ought to see more of the country that we live in rather than travel abroad. We even got a special deal on hotel rooms at £45 ($65) including breakfast.

We were met with poor rooms (permanent damp patch on floor, windows so rotted we were afraid to open them, bath too dangerously positioned for my wife to use), high prices and surly service where ever we went. It is no wonder tourists stay away. The weekend was expensive and very disappointing, and we stayed in a very quiet area. I dread to think what it is like in the true tourist spots.

Gerry