Subject: Re: [Leica] f/1.4 and be there WAS Noctilux for Rabs
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 21:46:28 -0400

on 8/28/01 9:07 PM, Mark Rabiner at mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com wrote:

>> http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/oddments/kearneylake.jpg
>>
>> -- John Brownlow
>>
>> http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
>>
> The shot completely works, John! Love that one over two Linhof 6x12 format.
> That what it looks like at least from here. Bet you have it lighter than what
> it was! I'd like to see it darker! Wait! I'll turn down the lights...

yeah you know what

I damn well overexposed it

well the sky anyway

that time of night there is a lot of luminosity in the sky but it ain't
giving you much on the ground so you get kind of extreme contrast

at least there is detail in the shadows (on the neg)

the sky is burnt in a LOT on this print just to get any texture at all

so much so that I really need to dodge the edges to combat the vignetting
you get at 1.4

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com