Subject: Re: [Leica] VF Magnifier
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:50:26 -0400

The problem has nothing to do with the lens - the APO summicron - but
rather has to do with using a 90 on a rangefinder with no magnification.
I find that I can't focus accurately enough from more than about 10'
away - and that's an estimate - because the image in the viewfinder is
too small for me to differentiate facial or other features clearly. I
can see a person's whole face 'snap' into focus, but whether I've really
focused on the eye, the nose, the ears, I couldn't begin to tell you. So
having a magnifier will make a world of difference for me. Without it, I
have to use the reflex more than I really want to. The APO 90 is an
awesome lens, in terms of its "finger print," and having the speed. But,
focusing is pretty essential.

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] VF Magnifier)