Subject: [Leica] rangefinder/SLR choices at 85mm
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:26:24 -0400

I find that up to about 90mm the Leica way is still superior for really
detailed shots.  However, that only applies when using a high magnification
Leica, M3 or 0.85.  I can't focus the Summilux as accurately with a 0.72 M.
So the thread regarding the magnifier is of real interest

The URL below will show three image's shot in the same place(facing opposite
directions).  The guy was shot with a 75 Summilux wide open; in the original
scan you can see deep into his iris; which is the last image. Even though I
over sharpened I hope that you can see the detail available in a fair
enlargement.  The girl, my daughter, was shot with an 85 2.8 Sonnar;  while
this is one of my favorite lenses it just doesn't have the fine detail of
the Summilux.  It is unfortunate that a file small enough to download just
doesn't hold fine detail

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=144793

As always, comments are welcome.

Don