Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux for Rabs
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:41:18 -0700

><Snip>
> The old Noctilux gives more “artistically” pleasant pictures to me then the
> newer one, specially in daylights (f1, t1/1000).  The newer one is better
> technically, different coating, mechanic…
>
> There is something in pictures taken by this lens,  try to discover it, but
> probably you will spend the rest of your life to find out what is that!?
>
> Victor
> Earth, Solar System
> http://communities.msn.ca/VictorPhoto

The old one a friend had like yours with the scalloped helical and with it's
pioneering use of aspherics it sure sounds like a more interesting lens.

I do like the looks of this newest version though!
In the booklet it says" do not use filters on this lens; THIS MEANS YOU!"
Doesn't say to not use UV. Just says nothin - no-how! But if you do use one it's
a 60, which they don't make.
Unlike yours which i think takes a 58, and they do make.

Mark Rabiner
the dark side of the moon
	no flash

Portland, Oregon