Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--how do you prevent that from happening?
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 06:28:06 -0500

>Cuba was great too. Carried my Leica in an old army satchel, the years 50
>kind, blencoed
>and all! No one even looked at it. Except in old Havana, when I made a
>picture,
>a guy looked out of the window and shouted: Leica M 6 senor! Must have
>been a friend of Alex Korda!

Hi Sander--
Another M6 true believer is David Alan Harvey. He's a Magnum
photographer who has spent alot of time in Cuba. He has an absolutely
beautiful book on Cuba that's out and published by National
Geographic Society books. However, it does NOT look like a NGS book.
More like Aperture.
Anyway, Harvey uses nothing but M6s and a few lenses. He could have
been the photographer who tipped off your "Leica M6 senor!" friend,
too?
John Fulton
Fort Worth, Texas