Subject: Re: [Leica] Focomat V-35 Question
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:45:13 -0700

Hi Matt,

As far as I can recall the V35 did have that sliding red filter.
I sold the V35 many years ago 'cause I didn't like too much.
I prefer to go sturdier when speaking of enlargers so I switched fully Durst
to my present AC 670, not so sturdier but more than the V35, and my
workhorse Laborator 1200.
On the red sliding filter I'd like to add that I mostly don't use it.
I just compose the image (almost always print full frame), locate the easel
properly to make the image fall down on to the paper when placed in it, turn
off the enlarger light, place the paper to be printed in the right easel
slot and then trigger from my enlarging timer.
That said I don't see why I would be needing that red plastic.
I hope this help you not to go for the red filter.

Regards
- --
Pablo Kolodny
www.pablokolodny.com