Subject: RE: [Leica] Lack of decent scans on this board
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:04:18 -0500

Marvin,

Scanning negs or chromes is in an entirely different league from consumer
and prosumer digital P&S cameras. The learning curve is huge. But there are
many advantages over what you can ever do with a digital P&S. Out of the box
it's probably much easier to get a decent looking image with a digital P&S.
But try adjusting curves and levels, and printing an 11x14 that hold up from
digital camera produced JPEG. Not to mention few people probably even
attempt to use a digital camera for some of those "hard to get" shots that
we often see posted on the LUG. I think you're overlooking the big picture,
and focusing only on  the small JPEG.

Dave