Subject: Re: [Leica] A new VF magnifier?
From: CHRISTOPHER.CHEN@customs.treas.gov
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:01:29 -0400

Actually, the post-WWII 85/135 mask (model #563/03, the 1 that fits around
the viewfinder & over the strap lug) did have parallax correction.  The
pre-WWII mask for the II (model #543/7, that fits into the accessory shoe)
lacked parallax correction.  However, I agree that they're not always the
most useful accessories around, particularly when shooting indoors, as
they make the already relatively dim Contax viewfinders even darker.

- ----------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:24:22 -0400
From: "David Kieltyka" <dkieltyka@csi.com>

Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:

> The old Zeiss Contax RF had a gadget analogous to this...
> however, it was a mask only...no optics to boost the size
> of the VF image....just cut the VF to approximate the 85
> and 135 frame lines.... The camera itself had no variable
> VF windows....50mm only.

No parallax correction either unfortunately. I have one of those finder
masks but I prefer using an external finder with the Contax RFs.

Replies: Reply from "David Kieltyka" <dkieltyka@csi.com> (Re: [Leica] A new VF magnifier?)