Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: 90mm f1.0 - dumb question probably
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspainewebber.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:51:18 -0400 (EDT)

re: leitz/picker x-ray 90/f1

as henning noted, it was for photographing the screen of a flouroscope
which does emit visible light.

they used to do this sort of things a lot
in the old days.  i worked at matrix instruments, which dominated the
market for medical "image recorders"; devices which captured images
from monitors onto x-ray-sized film.  it was an curious mix of
technology; CTs and MRIs hooked up to computers, reconstructing images
and generating image slices, going to video operator terminals.  a "T" coax
connector would split the video to the image recorder, and by operator
control, an electro- mechanical system would move the x-ray sized (14"x17")
film, into the correct location (you could get 12 images on this film)
and the optical system would "photograph" the image.  it was almost
rube-goldbergish but very effective.  we oem'ed to GE, picker, philips
siemens, all the big players.

i don't believe you can create an optical system for x-rays.

- -rei