Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters for M
From: Daniel Bowdoin <danlb@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:14:41 -0700

Sam Urdank wrote

>I am looking at going to the B&W filter brand for my M lens.  What are you
>all using if any? TIA.

Herr Biermann and Herr Weber do a fine filter. I'm partial to Heliopan
myself and the few filters that I use regularly are all Heliopan, mostly
because I like the thinner rings that are characteristic of this
generation of Heliopan filters. I believe that they are of equal quality
optically . . . the choice between the two boils down to idiosyncratic
things like the business about the rings, or which of the two is most
readily found in your area, or whether you think "B+W" has a friendlier
sound to it than "Heliopan", or . . . .

Daniel Bowdoin