Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Best film scanner
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 09:05:17 -0700

Hi Joe.

I just bought a Dimage Scan Dual II (the newer version) and have been quite
happy.  I guess "disgust" is a relative term.  Before my purchace, I was
using an HP PhotoScan, the original, and was fairly happy.  After seeing
images of the same slides scanned with my new scanner, I am disgusted at the
old images.  I will be rescanning most of them.  Maybe if I could afford a
4000 DPI scanner with a dynamic range of 4.2 I would be disgusted with my
Minolta.  I can't, so I am happy with mine.

Aram