Subject: Re: [Leica] wk35/sl
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 14:46:18 -0500

> Hi Steve,
>
> I have a hard time deciding too. I am leaning towards the alternate because
> it is closer to the woman in the foreground, and also her expression is
> more like that one would expect in a religious revival meeting. But the
> main picture gives a better view of the context, so it is hard to choose.
> Both are good. In the alternate I would burn in the white sign on stage a
> little so that the text was more visible.
>
> Nathan

Interesting comment Nathan, thanks. I went back and looked at the negs of
this woman and i noticed something interesting that I had not realized
before, in a reply to another post I said that the woman seemed to be in a
trance alternating between agony and ecstasy. On revisiting the negs I
noticed when she was in agony (the main) her fist was tightly clenched and
her face contorted, then when she was in ecstasy (the alternate) her face
relaxed and so did her outstretched hand with her fingers splayed. I thought
that to be interesting as she was having a very emotional experience, as
were all of the other people here. I took more than a roll of just this
woman (the main is with 35/1.4 and the alternate is 50/1.4 on a second
body).

sl