Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--how do you prevent that from happening?
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 17:22:21 +0200

Sal writes:

> If a professional thief wants your stuff,
> he/she/it is going to get it.

Most thieves are not that professional, and in fact many are pretty amateur.
You can protect yourself against these.  Even professionals will not
deliberately select difficult targets if easy targets are available.

> Using the bio-hazard label is simply foolish. Any
> half decent lawyer could make a case, falsely using
> a bio-hazard label is like yelling "fire" in a
> crowded room.

How so?

> I wanted replacement cost up to the list values.
> Unfortunately, I have to pay over $ 1,800.-- a
> year for it.

Insurance for professional use of professional equipment is often so expensive
that it can be more economical to self-insure (i.e., to take one's chances).