Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas and insurance
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 08:56:29 -0700

Ed,

This sounds like a good experience if you were satisfied with identical
replacements. When you insure an item, you are insuring the value of its
loss or damage and you have every right not to replace it with the same
thing. If you lose a camera and the insurance covers the loss, you have the
right to purchase a different camera with the proceeds, or to buy something
else, or to pocket the money.

Bryan