Subject: RE: [Leica] Printer Advice Sought
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:32:12 -0800

>guy what is N****?
>Thanks, Mehrdad

Mehrdad,

N**** is N****.

LUG etiquette requires that we use asterisks instead of letters in the
writing of certain names so as not to offend the delicate sensibilities of
certain distinguished members of this hallowed list. For this reason, I
have authored a piece of software that automatically inserts asterisks
after any word beginning with a capital "N" and which contains five
letters, thereby eliminating the possibility that I - even inadvertantly -
may ruffle a feather or two in my potentially off-topic posts.

It's simply the done thing in polite (though virtual) society.

Guy

;)

Replies: Reply from Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@wm.edu> (Re: [Leica] Domke 803)