Subject: Re: [Leica] Did Kodak at one time beat Leica in terms of lens quality???
From: "C.L.Zeni" <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:42:20 -0400

At 03:33 PM 9/4/2001, you wrote:
>from where we stand in the 21st century it's hard to believe that
>kodak once made serious professional cameras and lenses.  the original
>hasselblad (1600) was equipped with a 80mm kodak ektar 2.8 and the
>135mm ektar 3.5 was also offered.
>
>i am curious as to whether people use any of the kodak stuff, the retinas
>or medallists, or whatever.  it would be kind of fun to own a collector
>camera made right here in the U S of A.

I have a Retina IIIC - most (all?) of the Retina cameras were made in
Germany.  Folds into a nice compact package and takes nice shots...it and a
Koni-Omega are what really got me hooked on rangefinders.  Then came the
contribution to the Church Of Solms...

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

Former all-star T-ball pitcher.