Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 35 - Bumper Rodeo? - Matt Kollasch
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:05:34 -0700

Matt wrote & showed:
>>> Week 35 PAW is now up URL cited below.  This is from San Miquel de
Allende, Mexico.  I just worked on this neg since I got the darkroom
> going last weekend.  It has been suggested to me that this game being
> played by these boys is called "bumper rodeo." <<<<

http://www.uni.edu/kollasch/photo/paw/pages/week-35jpg.htm

Hi Matt,
Good one simply because you used a slow shutter speed accenting the feeling
of speed.  I trust you burned a pile of film on this as it's great potential
for picture possibilities. I'd milk it for everything it's worth and
shooting a few dozen rolls wouldn't be out of the question.

I bet one could spend hours or certainly as long as the kids were doing
their thing, simply because when you're shooting "swishy pans," one never
knows what you have until you're looking at film on the light table.

It's a natural for a magazine article, but you need a pile of crash and burn
images along with successful hitches. And due to using slow shutter speeds
it's also a good colour shoot due to enhancement of blurred colours.

Did you shoot with varying shutter speeds? Slower than what you used here?

The picture potential has to be excellent with this kind of activity. Do you
have any others or is this the only shot?  Please say you did a whole bunch
more! ;-)

ted

.Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant